- December 4, 2019
HERE’S WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO CLEAN YOUR MATTRESS:
- Lots of micro fiber towels
- Baking Soda
- Distilled White Vinegar
- An empty spray bottle
HOW TO CLEAN A MATTRESS
- Saturate that mattress (or the stains) with vinegar. You can use a spray bottle or just gently drizzle it right on. Let the vinegar sit for 5-10 minutes. If you have a ceiling fan, turn it on, or run a stand-alone fan if you can. At the very least open the windows. If the stain is brand new, and still wet, be sure to blot it as much as possible before using the vinegar.
- Soak up the vinegar with micro fiber towels. Press several layers of towels into the mattress for this step.
- Sprinkle baking soda all over the mattress. If there are a lot of clumps just break them up with your fingers. Let the baking soda sit for several hours. The longer the better. After a couple of hours, you’ll begin to see the baking soda caking as it soaks up the vinegar and takes that nasty odor with it.
- Vacuum up the baking soda from the mattress. Make sure to go over the crevices several times.
That’s it! If you have some really difficult stains, rub the vinegar into them with your fingers or even use an old toothbrush to really rub it in